View Single Post
Old 05-01-2012, 09:41 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I have not suffered from this until the last few days. I have small and large fiber neuropathy, hereditary, most symptoms confined to lower legs and arms but a skin biopsy two years ago did show nerve fibers breaking down at upper thigh. I have recently been experiencing pins and needles in thighs and bottom, but that was all.

In the past week I have developed severe burning and sensitivity over all of my legs and hips, to the extent that sitting in a chair or the car is unbearable, my softest clothes are irritating, I can feel the seams in my sweatpants, and I am fully conscious of the elastic on my featherweight nylon panties. It is driving me crazy. I am using a lot more of my Percoset than usual, and I am still only getting partial relief. I had the idea when this started that it was a temporary situation, but as the days go on I am beginning to panic.

It feels exactly like a severe brush burn or sunburn over the area, but there is no visible rash. I would love to hear more fom anyone with this experience, in particular about pain relief. I will have to move my doctor's appointment up because of using up my meds, and I am nervous about explaining this development, it seems so extreme.
Susanne C. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote