View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 08:07 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I'm very sorry to hear this. I have RSD in my neck and it is just awful.

In my opinion, you need to do what you can to try to help yourself with this if the doctor won't. My first advice would be to get a new doctor if you can because anyone who feels like they can say RSD is or is not there just with a quick look is not qualified in my opinion to be treating a patient with RSD.

Meanwhile, do you know the things that tend to calm your RSD? Like heat, lidoderm patches, etc? If any of these things help your RSD then I would get on them ASAP for your neck. I made myself go through desensitization so that I could tolerate a scarf on my neck which prevents me from experiencing some of the worst trigger like cold and air movements. When it is bad I also put a lidoderm patch and/or a heating patch on my neck under the scarf. Hot baths with epsom salts are also soothing for me. We're all different, so what works for me may not work for you, but if you continue to let it go unchecked then it will only get worse. I would start with things that you already know help you and do what you can to try to avoid the triggers that make it worse. It was a lot of trial and error for me to find the things that helped. Most stuff only helps a little but when you can get several things that help a little together then it can add up to making things tolerable.

Like James I think it's important to try to treat the root cause...but at the same time we have to do what we need to so we can live our lives in the mean time. It would be much better if you had a doctor willing to help you with this but as it appears you do not I would take matters into your own hands and see what you can find that will help. Hopefully you will be able to find a better doctor to treat your RSD and help you through this so you don't experience spread to more areas.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote