View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 09:33 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Good Afternoon

My name is Susan van Niekerk and I am 48 and am diagnosed with Chronic Inflammatory Demyelination Polyneuropathy after having Guillain-Barre Syndrome.
I am very interested in the article entiled "Researchers create stem cells from human skin that can be made into nerves".

At the moment I am under the care of a neurologist in KwaZulu-Natal South Africa and my treatment consists of monthly Polygams and cortisone.
I have been on them for a year and half and my nerve conductivity tests have unfortunately not shown an improvement. I am now having to use an electric wheelchair as I have also developed chronic Bursitis in my hips which makes it extremely painful to even take a step.

I am a very positive person and I am battling to be wheelchair bound and haveing to rely on my family so much. I would do anything to become the vibrant,active wife and mother that I was! My neurologist said the only thing that I could use were Polygams as there was no other treatments. Reading your amazing article has filled me with hope and excitement.

Please would you be so kind as to respond to this plee of help before I lose anymore bodyily functions (an MRI has already shown the muscles attatching to my spine are being replaced by adipose tissue). Please could you reply to me- you would be saving my life!

Yours Gratefully
Susan van Niekerk
Roo3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote