View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 06:22 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello Horselover,

I am like you, I've never been sick, never had a broken bone (except a fractured one). Don't drink, do drugs, never abused my body... don't even take aspirin when I get a headache unless it's absolutely unavoidable. Now I take drugs every day. I was the one who said almost everything could be controlled with exercise and diet. Well, the pain in my legs and feet convinced me otherwise. When I started missing too much work and couldn't walk from one end of my house to the other, I finally gave in.

I still don't have any answers from the doctors. Just "medical explanations for what I have"... most of my answers have come from this board! Most of my diet and vitamin and exercise suggestions have come from this board.

In December of this year, I was ready to file for permanent disability, now I am dating three men, going to the gym four days a week, and watching my granddaughter two days a week.

What I have learned from these people on these boards is:
1. It's all about stress and taking care of yourself
2. Don't stop till you find the doctor(s) you feel "hears" you and works with you
3. Meds are / can be your friend, and they are ever changing
4. This disease is not predictible, it comes and goes like the tides in the ocean! You have to learn to "listen" to your body and work with it.
5. Keep talking and listening to the group here. Some have been dealing with this disease for decades and they are still learning! This is a great place to learn!

If you look back on my posts, you will see that I am a tough cookie that never ever leaned on anyone and I have come a long way in the last six months since being diagnosed.
SeamsLikeStitches is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote