View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 12:46 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

The D2 on RX from doctors doesn't work. And they don't know this yet.

I have information about that on the D thread on our Vitamin forum.

http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread92116.html
If you know your D test results, the average rule is 1000 IU D3 OTC for every 10 points you need to raise. So you will need to know you goal as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules A View Post
I have a well educated friend in the health profession who is bugging me about checking into supplements etc. for MS and while I'm not big on skipping pharmacology for holistic treatments I would certainly think about using it to augment my medication regimen.

Right now in addition to Copaxone I take a multi vitamin daily, occasional fish oil capsule and 50,000 IU of vitamin D once a week that my neuro prescribed. I'll keep you posted if my friend comes up with anything interesting.

Kittylady, my guess is the nurse asked about them as a basic assessment just to make sure you weren't taking anything that would interact with other medications.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote