View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 06:33 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

I fell on different occasions. Twice in the streets on the ice. No big deal.

Once, after I had washed my ceramic tile floor with Pine Sol (never did that again). I fell on my knee and when you have degenerative joint disease primarily in your knees, well forget it. The pain was horrendous!!!

BUT, the most outlandish time I fell anywhere was when we were at a flea market in front of a church. I was walking along, looking at the various tables and such, when all of a sudden, I am in a hole. At least my right leg was in a hole. It seems that they were planting a tree on the sidewalk, and they had dug a hole, but no one covered it up on that particular Sunday.

Imagine, looking to your left at a flea market table and in a flick of a second your right leg is in this hole and your left leg is bent up to your neck.

I never was so surprised in all my life. I started screaming, Alan comes running. OH, AND IF YOU THINK ANYBODY EXCEPT ALAN CAME TO MY AID, well forget it!!! And this was in front of a church no less. They just looked at me. When Alan got me out of that hole, I was bleeding, scratched and just plain mad.

But I recovered, and so will you. And you have this nice little doggie to keep you company.

So ice it and pour yourself a cold one!!!

melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote