View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 02:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by balmygirl3 View Post
Well I had my first injection on the 1st of July and it was not as bad as I thought it would be. The only problem is i think I'm worse now then I was before I got the darn thing. I can turn my head from side to side a little better but as far as pain goes no better maybe even a little worse. Anyone else have this kind of reaction???

I had that same reaction with every steroid injection that I've ever had. I've had 8 and, unfortunately, they only amplified my pain for about 2 weeks (sometimes to the point that I couldn't move my head at all) with no improvement after the initial swelling & irritation wore off. I've been to many different doctors trying to find a treatment that would work and each would inform me to "try the epidurals with me...your last doctor must not have done the job right." I will give my second doctor credit, though; at least, he didn't cause spinal fluid to leak (which causes the worst headache ever, just fyi) like the first doc did on his second epidural. In addition to the steroid epidurals, I've also had 3 facet injections with similar results, several trigger point injections, and an occipital nerve block (that one makes your eyes water involuntarily--it's like having a wasp sting you right on an exposed nerve). I was fully awake for all my procedures without a sedative (a choice I made so that I wouldn't have to find a ride to & from my doc who is 140 miles away from where I live). The procedures really aren't that bad...that is, until the novocaine wears off &, if you're one of the unlucky like me, you find that your pain has intensified rather than vanished. Anyway, I'm sorry that your results ended up like mine. In some people, it can take up to a month before they notice improvement after these epidurals. I sincerely hope that you are one of those people! I know I wish I was.
TryingtoMaintain is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote