View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 04:16 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I am on 1800mg gabapentin and am currently taking about 3 325/5 oxycodone daily in two doses to try and get through this. That is double my usual usage of 1 or 2 per day. I am still in considerable pain and unable to carry out my usual responsibilities which include teaching part time. This has come up so suddenly I am hoping it goes away like it came.
For those of you who are experiencing this, and the burning in my hips and thighs is awful, did it happen slowly or all at once? Has anyone had the symptoms subside? The gabapentin was controlling the burning and zaps in my feet and legs quite well. Should I ask for Tramadol rather than a stronger oxycodone? My doctor has encouraged me to try the Butrans patch before. At this point I would take anything not to be able to feel my pajama pants laying like a 30 pound housecat on my lap.
I am also experiencing some burning sensation in my shoulders and upper arms, not nearly as severe. If i put on a sweater or jacket it feels like it weighs a ton.Does this sound familiar?
I would appreciate any advice.

I am fascinated by your mention of the suede sofa bothering you. We just got a new microfiber reclining loveseat which has a faux suede finish. My symptoms date from eerily close to its arrival. Is there any possibility that the upholstery is causing this? The symptoms are consistent with my CMT, but the sudden onset is not.
Susanne C. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote