View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 08:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default my reply...

I did hire an atty recently but not sure yet – I asked if they had experience in TBI etc so we will see. Problem my accident occurred in a distant state from where I live and I had to hire an atty from the state where the accident took place. I also hired a WC atty. I did undergo the neuro cog testing and WC is scheduling me for an IME for the same. My Neuro said it is a good chance to see if things are the same, better or worse. I did have some difficulty speaking in the early months but have improved in that area. I do often lose train of thought entirely and need the person I am talking with to re-establish what point I was trying to make or where I left off in conversation. I also now am afraid to use the stove top as I forget when I am cooking something or even boiling water – 3 x I left items on stove that were burning and once water completely boiled out of pot so now I am only using grill outside or oven which I can set to shut off on a timer. I don’t know if speech therapy would help.
I have constant racing thoughts all night when and medication in higher doses just knocks me out but when I need to go to an appt or work I can’t take the full dose so I am having great difficulties with this. Literally it is like a radio playing in my head with thousands of sound bytes coming at continuously