View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 11:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default 13YO with concussion

my son sustained a head injury while wrestling with his friends over the weekend. He's not even sure what exactly happened, just that he was wrestling one kid and another threw himself on top of them, somehow kicking him in the head hard enough to leave a sneaker-print made in abrasions on the right side of his forehead.
I've taken him to the pediatrician, who sent him to have a CT scan. She notified me after reviewing the scan that he is "fine".

I am very worried about him, though, because today is the fifth day he's had a constant headache. He threw up the day after the injury, but only once and the ped thinks that he may have a virus as well. He has also had the green-apple quicksteps for days, but I don't know if that can be associated with the concussion? It was the stomach issues that made her think he's sick as well.
I am wondering how long he can have these headaches, and exactly what the CT scan shows, because he seems far from "fine" to me. I would appreciate any input, and also advice on how to help him? I have given him Tylenol 500 but it doesn't seem to do much for him. He does seem to get some comfort from an ice pack.
sifonearth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote