View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 11:28 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused gabapentin or lyrica

For well over a year I have taken gabapentin first 300 and until 2weeks age 1200 mg 3 x day and I had a block in the front right under my collar bone with the last one causing excruciating pain all over my body and I had already had 6 from my lower spine all the way up to my neck with no relief from them either.. I went to see my PM Dr and they wanted me to try lyrica. Tapering me off the other I was feeling so much pain already I couldn't tell ya if it was good bad or indifferent. Yesterdays Dr visit she decreased gabapentin To 2 a day for 5 days and 1/2 for 5 days then stop. The lyrica 1 in the am and 3 at bedtime then increase to 150mg.. I know it has to get in my system but anyone know how long it takes. I am also on ms contin, percocet
, zoloft and zanax, the last 2 I've been on for over a year since I lost my oldest daughter in a car accident. According to the Dr 3 surgeries on my right foot and a hand injury plus chronic depression caused Mr RSD/CRPS to come settle in with me. The death of my child was bad enough.....and now this. It has been the absolute worst past year of my life. This pain is unbelievable not to mentioned my broken heart.. Entire right side and yep you got it it wasn't diagnosed until after 11 months. There's a special little window with this disease and if you don't catch it well I don't believe there's any going back. My stage of this I'm told is full blown and irreversible. The only thing not done to me is my last visit on Tuesday we dicussed a neurostimulator trial both in my neck then one later in my spine. Wow was my thoughts. This disease has taken over my life and not ONE DAY goes by that I'm not severe pain.....it gets really hard trying to cope with everything.
saraleeCRPS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote