View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 12:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default What are your thoughts on Vit D?

I shared earlier that my vitamin D was a 9, which is almost nonexistent. I did get the D3 since the script was making me ill, but I don't notice any improvement. I am taking 1,000 iu every other day, and I was on the script of 50,000 iu/weekly for a month.

Shouldn't the doctor be attempting to figure out why I have absorption issues? I can't help but feel like the script is putting a band aid on the real issue.

I read that celiac disease can cause absorption issues, vertigo, PN, and many other problems. I think the doctors don't look in that direction because I am overweight, but I also read that many celiac patients are overweight, and the super skinny symptom is a myth. I don't know if I have it or not, but I do wonder how many of my symptoms are resulting from the low vit D?

One more interesting tidbit: I looked at my chart, and they have a dx of neurofibromatosis type 1 listed. Oddly, when I saw that neuro many years ago, he said he was sure I did NOT have it, even though I have physical markers and a 1st degree relative with it. How strange that it is listed as a preexisting condition when I was never told I had it.
Agirlandhertort1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote