View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 07:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Owen,
What a scene! My son has PCS and we also have ran into alot of ignorance from professionals. Did any of these people tell you to rest ( if that has been at all possible). You actually have a temporary disability. The problem with this whole scenario is none of them can do anything anyway. Time and rest seem to be the only treatment. One of the biggest challenges is not going crazy with stress and anxiety over how devastating this is. Check out some of the websites people have given in the posts. Specifically Michellecutloose. Good resources there. I would save your money and not get too many more MRI's. Probably the neck injury keeps confusing them and making them want to treat that. Ibuprofen did not help my son's headaches either, when normally before injury it worked fine. I'm sure there are alot of other symptoms that you had or have had that seems too hard to even describe. My son lately has been very sensitive to smells and gets pretty freaked out about small matters, very hypersensitive. He is 2 months from a wrestling injury and has not been able to do much. We are going to a neurologist who specializes in concussions in sports injuries, but it is all the same thing in the end. The end result in all our appts. is listen to your symptoms and back off and rest. They seem to feel very sure he will get better but even rest can make him pretty bad. Some days are really bad and other times I think he is back to his regular self. I am a Critical Care Nurse, so I see alot of weird things but this is a test to all patience. Very, very hard and hang in there. Save your money and look around as you have and find info. on line. Rest and time and staying relaxed make the most sense. It would be nice to tone that headache down, that may be why your recovery is slow because you are so uncomfortable and cannot rest. Find a neurologist who likes PCS patients. Treat your headache, despite what the ER docs say. you know yourself better than they do. Keep us all posted.
Nancy
Nancy F is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote