View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 08:48 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello and sorry to hear about your son. I can relate because my son has been suffering for over three months with headaches from a soccer related concussion. In addition he has blurred vision.

There are people here that know a lot about concussions, but I can give you some help based on my child's experience. If I were you I would treat it like he has a concussion where he has the headaches. I would have him rest and not play any sports or activities. It can't hurt to do this and it will only help him in his recovery.

In addition, I would keep him out of school because reading might be too much for him to handle. My son was out of school for two months and had a tutor come to the house. I'm not saying that this will be the same case for your child, as everyone recovers differently. I just know that kids who have concussions have a hard time with school work, bright lights, and noise and the school environment might be tough for him to handle right away.

Our school has been so supportive with our son so it's important to communicate what is going on. My son's symptoms got worse before they got better in the first few weeks. I feel like he started improving at month three.

It's important in the beginning to have him rest. Our doctor didn't diagnose my son with a concussion right away which was a mistake and told him he could play sports. He ended up hitting his head 5 days later which is why I think he's having such a hard time. So taking the side of caution, I believe is always best.

I hope your son feels better soon and would love to hear of how he progresses.
MomandSon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EsthersDoll (05-03-2012), sifonearth (05-04-2012)