View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 09:12 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missvickie View Post
I go for Chiari surgery soon.I hope mine is not a nightmare.Go Get a second oppinion at OSU Medical Center in Columbus
I was reading through the posts on this site and had to reply. I am also looking for some information about post op recovery. My brother had decompression surgery last Thursday for Chiari Malformation and was doing great for 3 days post surgery then started leaking spinal fluid from the incision site at the base of his skull. He went back to the hospital and has so many procedures done since the surgery. Dermabond over the incision, spinal tap to aspirate 80cc's of spinal fluid that has built up at the back of his neck that looked like a ball. Second surgery to re-open the initial incision and did something else, still trying to find out what that was. Had a lumbar drain inserted and on the second day it was accidentally pulled out.

Today he is scheduled to go back in at 2:00 to reinsert the lumbar drain. I'm concerned because the surgeon isn't saying much other than we'll do this and that but no reason why it keeps leaking. I don't know how much of this my brother can take. The headaches are terrible and he is in so much pain.

Any information ANYONE can provide would be greatly appreciated.
JeffRN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote