View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 10:29 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsD View Post
Metformin is tough to take. I've tried it twice. The last time recently with a new form supposed to be easier...but it wasn't.

If your A1C is good, I don't think you need it. But if your A1C is creeping up? Over 6.5? then you can try it.

Metformin interferes with B12, so you need to be taking that.

Lots of GI upset with Metformin. Besides the cramping and diarrhea, it also stimulates the gall bladder, so if you have stones or sludge there you may get gall bladder attacks.
My A1C is 5.8 and I think from previous tests it is creeping up , due to age or whatever. I was just wanting to try it for a few months , as I think if it is the glucose that is causing the terrible burning , then it will anwer things for me . My husband is a model type 2 patient, diagnosed 4 years ago , was put on metformin, started exercise program, eating healthy , lost 40 pounds and his A1C has been normal since . He only took metformin for 4 -6 months as he didn't want to take anymore pills since he was taking cholestrol and triyclerides (sp) meds. So i saw how it helped him get on the right path so just thought might work for me for even shorter time and to relieve this burn.
pinehurstcharlie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (05-03-2012)