View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 12:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsthersDoll View Post
But I don't think it wise to completely rule out it being psychological. Who wouldn't feel a little more sensitive about their heads being jostled after sustaining major trauma? I think of it like you don't want someone to touch your bruise...

And some experts believe that some issues with PCS are psychological... so even though your symptoms got worse after a serious jolt, that could have been psychological too.
I think it's pretty much a definite fact that some PCS symptoms are psychological, mine included. But that serious jolt brought all my symptoms back with a vengeance, I was off work for two months and I didn't recover to where I had been for about 6 months afterwards.

For me to hallucinate such numerous and extreme symptoms for such a long period would pretty much make me psychotic I think, which I'm certain I'm not (but then I would say that, wouldn't I .... )

That said, you've got me thinking about the psychological aspect a bit more - I'm sure my fear of jolting must make it seem worse to me than it actually is, even though I still believe there's an organic problem underlying it. Maybe I could try walking on eggshells a little less

Regardless of whether it is an organic or psychological symptom, it seems common and debilitating enough to warrant at least some information about it somewhere!

Since recovery I have achieved a Master's degree with distinction in Neurological Occupational Therapy
Klaus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dolfinwolf (05-04-2012)