View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 12:45 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Colorrado Mike,

I agree than some may have the fight or flight response to jolts but for many of us, it is a physiological trauma. The fight or flight response cause a different sequelea to manifest. The adrenaline response if completely different than the non-anxiety confusion many of us experience.

I know how to recover from the flight or fight response. It is a cakewalk compared to recovering from the decompensation caused by the jolts. As Klaus said, it can take weeks to months to recover from a jolt, depending on the intensity or repetitiveness of the jolt. The other concussion symptoms that manifest from the jolt are not associated with the flight or fight response.

Many of us have very sensitive brains that react to very mild movements. I can give myself a concussion, or sub-concussive impact that causes immediate symptoms, simply by shaking my head No. A ride down a bumpy road can do me in.

Those of you who do not have these overly sensitive to movement brains are very fortunate. You likely do not have the cumulative number of concussions and sub-concussive impacts that some of us have.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dolfinwolf (05-04-2012), EsthersDoll (05-03-2012), Klaus (05-05-2012)