View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 02:18 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Confused arachnoiditis? and/or CSF leak?

I have spent years and thousands of dollars to find out just what happened to me. I had a myelogram performed in Jan 2001. I had an immediate reaction to the dye and even felt it go up my spine to the right side of my head. The pain was so intense and I immediately felt like vomiting. I have had two children naturally (without pain meds), I have had several broken ribs, closed head trauma, spinal fractures and pelic fractures!!!(MVA) None of these things compared to the pain I felt that day!! I honestly thought I was going to die! The radiologist freaked out and said "all the dye is in your head" apparently it's not supposed to go there. Doesn't matter though, I had the reaction to the dye before it got to my skull. I was told I had a panic attack. Even though I could not balance byself to sit and needed two people to help me walk; I was wheeled to my sister's car and basically dumped in her front seat. After 3 blood patches and 1 week of laying flat. I was admitted to the hospital and stayed for over a month. It took a year of intensive PT to learn to walk again and go back to work. Now I have had a flare again and have been out of work for 6 years on dis.
Thank you letting me tell my story, I just need to share with people who understand and BELIEVE ME!! Becuase my disability can not be seen, people think I am making it up. I wish I would have found this website years ago.
Sincere Thanks....SEW
sew139 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote