View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 03:37 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Skull dent from birth injury

Im 22 years old male. I have a skull depression on the left side of my head towards the top edge of the head(parietal region). I got it from a forceps delivery. I used to suffer from left-sided head aches during my late teens,probably migraines. Ever since I would link every problem to my dent on my head. Im slower in writing than my classmates, Im weaker in mental calculations, less working memory , I have some speech problems which began around the age of 11-12. I have trouble articulating some words at times. I fear apraxia of speech. Im a total mess right now. I cant figure out if my symptoms are anxiety developed over the years or because of brain damage. Ive been to doctors.... even had a CT scan. And it seems normal. But now I want to get an mri since CT scans arent good at showing mild damage. But my parents think Im nuts and wont entertain me. I dont know what to do!! I feel like killing myself! coz nobody will even believe me!!! Not even my parents ! And the worst part is that the depression is over the left parietal region(angular gyrus+supramarginal gyrus) which is instrumental in writing,math,speech!! How could this just be a co-incidence!?? Pls somebody help me.

Ive attached my ct scan images, pls have a look. Ive circled the area of the dent in the sagittal plane, notice the darkened area.
Attached Thumbnails
Skull dent from birth injury-img_0519-jpg   Skull dent from birth injury-img_0520-jpg   Skull dent from birth injury-img_0521-jpg   Skull dent from birth injury-img_0517-copy-jpg   Skull dent from birth injury-img_0523-jpg  

brainalive is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote