View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 03:42 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
Last year I went to an appointment for a consult on Ketamine. It took me years to get insurance approval for that appointment. He pushed the SCS saying my insurance would never pay for Ketamine. My primary contacted another doc locally and kept writing reports until I got insurance approval. I recently had my first Ketamine infusion and responded well. I'm now going to have a series of them. I've also been approved for the SCS, and continue to explore that course as well. It does scare me. But, those that have had bad experiences with it are more likely to still be posting. None of my current docs are pushing for it, and they concur Ketamine is the more conservative option. If I was guaranteed no spread, and promised 2-5 years relief, I'd be in the hospital today.

For the OP-you've had no relief, at all, from a block? That might indicate something other than RSD. Diabetic neuropothy as just one example. It also might be an unskilled doc performed the blocks. I've had blocks done by a perfectionist ex-neuro that were quite good, and others from a pain management doc that were hit or miss (excuse the pun...)
I'm so happy you responded well to the ketamine! Congrats on that success. I hope things continue to go well with the ketamine treatments.
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote