Thread: Hey guys
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2007, 09:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellie View Post

The point of my story is this:

Focus on YOU and your health, trust me - that part is key. Let the men come to you and look at your Epilepsy as a gift. It weeds out the jerks. If a guy runs from it, he's shallow and not worth it. There's someone for everyone, believe it or not. Just let them come to you, once you find someone who is OK with the "E word" then tell them about it. Tell them there's more than one seizure out there, tell them how awful our medicine is.

It took my boyfriend a long time to accept what my medicine did to me, but he had to learn, and it wasn't easy. I never bounced back from that seizure, things got worse. I wish I'd have known so I could have told him, so it would have been an easier transition.

Before him, I dated someone so awful if they had a book of crappy boyfriends this guy would be on the cover. Don't think it's you - ever. You're not the shallow one, the guys who can't accept it are. In most cases a lot of us are perfectly fine and the main thing that alters us mentally is our medication, it's unfair to be judged by something you cannot control. If someone wants to judge that, to heck with them!

Good things DO come to those who wait. Girl, I have enough baggage to fill a bedroom on top of my medical issues and I found someone great. If I can do it, anyone can.

Keep your head up!

BRAVO! Well put! Only problem with my end was - my husband had a problem with it! And here's the weirdness of it all ... believe it or not, after 23 years of marriage, finally ending in a horrible nasty divorce, he finally admits several months ago ...

READY TO HEAR IT?

He has EPILEPSY TOO!

He just refuses to be treated for it!

That one just BLEW our (my son's and mine) minds!

" Vujà Dé - The feeling you've
never been in here before!"

Daily Feedbag of Zonegran, Clonazepam, and Folic Acid
southie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote