View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 06:15 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Mark in Idaho and Fenton,

Well, the phrasing was meant to be a bit funny, so I'm glad you guys got a kick out of it .

Here is the list of what worked and what didn't work, but I'll have to elaborate on them next week as I'm in the middle of finals week right now...

Worked: Neurofeedback, HBOT, Balance Therapy, Hormone Therapy, Nurtional/Vitamin Therapy, Cranial Sacral Therapy from and D.O., Upper Cervical Chiropractic Therapy.

Didn't Work: Chiropractic Neurology, Accupuncture, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anti Depressants, Stimulants, sleep therapy.

Women's International Pharmacy is a very good company. I'm glad that you are aware of them. As a matter of fact, I have gotten a lot of referrals for good doctors from them.

EsthersDoll,

Yes, I'm sure there are probably a million and one anti aging docs in LA. If you're serious about getting one though, I do know of one who specializes in TBI Post Hormone Deficiency Syndrome. The only caveat to these guys is that they don't take insurance because they have to spend somewhere around 3 hours with you on the first visit and an hour with you on each subsequent visit and insurance companies won't pay for their time with you beyond 30 minutes, I believe. However, if you do have insurance, you can usually get reimbursed through your out of network coverage, which is what I did. They will also sometimes put you on a payment plan if you are coming to them because of a disability.

Also, if you don't mind sharing, I'd be happy to look at your hormones and tell you if you need to seek out further help for them. The lab ranges are mostly outdated and need to be updated but, unfortunately, most docs aren't aware of this. For example, I had my testosterone levels tested and it was at 350, which fell within the normal range of 300-1000. So, I had 8 doctors tell me it was okay. I got to a good anti aging doc and the first thing he told me was that my levels were good....for an 85 year old man - I'm 34. So, as you can see, the levels are antiquated.
Colorrado Mike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EsthersDoll (05-04-2012)