View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 06:39 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Brainalive,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

I think you are making too much from this dent. The brain grows and molds to fill the space available. My son is 31 and still has the shelf like depression in the back of his head from a fall during his first year.

An MRI is still not able to show fine damage. Besides, the damage, if there ever was any, would be long gone. The infant brain is very tolerant of skull movement. The skull plates are flexible/moveable to allow for the pressures from the birth canal.

Do you have any other traumas or illnesses that happened during your young years? A high fever, concussion, and other traumas can cause the learning difficulties you mention.

Instead of focusing on the dent, spend you time learning how to improve the weak functions you have. There are plenty of us with serious cognitive and memory dysfunctions that have learned how to overcome many of them.

Also, try to get some help with your anxiety and obsessing. They can do far more to limit your life than a small difficulty with memory and speaking.

Have you had any diagnostics done? Is your problem forming the sounds to speak words (apraxia) or struggle to find the right words (aphasia). Plenty of us have problems with word finding.

A speech pathologist should be able to help you understand. It sounds like you had some diagnostics done at some time.

I hope you can find someone to help you with the anxiety part of this issue.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
EsthersDoll (05-04-2012)