View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 06:44 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Eliza,

Yes, you have several health issues and definitely need to be taken care of with some caution. However, MANY patients have similar if not worse problems and dentists treat them all of the time. To be honest, it is rare to have a patient who does not have a multitude of health issues..... and on a multitude of medications.

One big issue that you happen to be aware of that some people are not aware of.... is your allergy to glycols. I do think that a dentist can work with his dental lab in finding an alternative material for you. I really encourage you to not give up hope.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaJane23 View Post
I'm high risk because of the allergies - glycols are in so many things. I am a diabetic, have a heart murmer and borderline high blood pressure and chronic pain and neuropathy, sleep disorder, obese, use a CPAP machine - thst's enough I guess to make dentists and doctors run like the plague when I try to come to their practices. I've had 12 major surgeries, am allergic to PCN, Sulfa, iodine, betadine, Hibiclens, steroids cause incredible problems - can't have MRIs because I have a spinal cord stimulator. So, that's why I can't find a dentist - I couldn't find a (good) dentist even before I was looking at crowns, partials and dentures.

I can't imagine finding a practice (medical or dental) that would devote the time necessary to finding out about the glycol allergy. I've seen a lot of providers over the years and the BEST I get is a list of 3or 4 possible meds for ME to research and to call back IF I can take any of them. No one out there volunteers to lift a finger to help with this allergy. I seriously think it's time to give up pursuing all these medical and dental problems, and so does my husband. Make my home as comfortable as possible, only do the miminum needed to get the meds I can't live without, and accept life living here in my home until I die. Could be a lot worse than banging my head against the wall, which I feel I do a lot of now. Oh well, it is what it is - a pain in the ***. You don't want to be the patient that takes up all the time.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote