View Single Post
Old 05-03-2012, 10:40 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default question for Mrs D or any one with similar issues

Hello,
I'm trying to get help for my husband of 25 years who came home from work on April 22,2012 and was complaining of not being able to remember/forgetting things. When I questioned him he could not remember what we had just bought our son for his birthday the week before and other obvious questions. We went to urgent care he was given a cat scan, mri, labs, urine tests. First ever consult with Neurologist on April 26th. All tests were negative and diagnosis was vitamin b12 def with a level of 195, or a-typical global amnesia. The Neurologist said that he would be fine. (The next day 04-27-12 his internist agreed and told both him and myself that he would be fine as well) He was given a b12 shot in the office of 1000mcg, and started on sublingual 2500mcg tab of b12 daily. He was given another shot of b12 1000mcg on 05-01-12. He takes other bp meds for the past 7 years as well. His memory at this point is very poor in my opinion. He does not remember what we did yesterday, or even things in the last few months. He asks me the same questions at times over and over again. At time with hints from me he will remember some things. This was an immediate onset with no other symptoms known to me other than leg cramps leading up to the event on 04-22-12. Its almost been two weeks and I'm not seeing any real permanent improvements. In my delirium of last week, I failed to ask the Neurologist or his Internist how long it would take for him to improve. Just looking to see if there is anyone else out there experiencing this and for some friends and support. Sorry if I have left out any info that you may need to assist.
Sincerely, Julia
julias690 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote