View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 12:17 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Your experience sounds about normal compared to what others have experienced with similar treatments/therapies and dietary changes.

The LENS neurotherapy has been damaging to some and anecdotally beneficial to a few.

Your DO uses a different treatment than most have mentioned. All DO's get extensively trained in CST or OMT (Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy.) The weekenders usually are massage therapists and other non-doctors. OMT taught by some DO schools has less emphasis in the skull plates. It is more of a spinal manipulative therapy. OMT has been helpful to some.

The HBOT has a mixed record. It appears the circulatory benefits are the most important. The routine oxygenated periods of relaxation can be a big benefit. It will be great when HBOT is researched by an independent organization with a double-blind method with pre and post NeuroPsych Assessment. The VA study was very small and did not include any variety of injury.

The nutritional, dietary and hormonal therapies are commonly beneficial. I haven't heard as much about the gluten issues but some here have found it helpful.

I have a gut issue that is related to spine inflammation problems. I wonder how many other mTBI gut issues are related to the spine.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote