View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 12:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Frontal Lobe Injury Son at 3 yrs now 14 and HYPOPIT with TBI symptoms

My son fell from the about 3 feet off the ground and hit his forehead on the fireplace bricks about 1 foot off the ground as he was falling at the age of 3. Had to have his head glued and looked like Frankenstein with both eyes swollen shut and whole face black and blue. Doctors said at the time that he was "fine". Child went from being extremely bright and willing to learn everything to no attention span, social issues, emotional issues, and now learning problems with no motivation. When he didn't start puberty I took him to endo and he has hypopituitarism from the fall and has to be on growth hormone and testosterone so far. Obviously did enough damage that is damaged his pituitary gland and I feel he has brain damage that has gone undiagnosed. He is failing the 8th grade (extremely bright child) and has NO motivation in any area other than building things. He can't focus and is immature in all areas. He doesn't get social cues, and is depressed and has been suicidal. He has no self esteem and gets picked on regularly. This may be your child's future. I am at a loss as to what kind of doctor to take him to for the possible brain injury diagnosis and how do they determine this? Any thoughts?
deniserl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote