View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 12:44 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB47 View Post
I have been taking pregabalin for over 3 years now and am trying to come off them, I am having terrible withdrawal sypmtoms. I was on 150mg, took 75mg for a week and felt pretty bad, my GP has now reduced the dose to 50mg a day for 1 week and then 25mg a day for another week and then stop. I am determined to come off them as I don't think they are helping with the pain anymore and I don't want to increase my dose as I think they are highly addictive. I feel as if I am on a different planet! I feel terrible in the mornings, very sick, headaches, this morning I thought I was going to pass out. Has anyone else had problems coming off these tablets?
Yes, just last month, I tried getting off lyrica gradually decreasing my dose to taper it off (I had had it only for about 6 weeks before that) I had serious withdrawl symptoms too.
I felt very sick to the stomach in the mornings, and felt very very depressed and very emotional and tears would just start rolling down. Usually I am a positive, cheerful person. I also had this awful fine rash and unbearable itcing on all my extremities and no antihistamine would work. It took two whole weeks for the itching to slow down, I still have some which I try to ignore. Good luck, I hope you can get off it.
Unfortunately I am back on Gabapentin now and feel dependent on it, eventually I want to get off all of these as they are messing with my brains.
stos2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (05-04-2012)