View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 01:08 AM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Smile Hi Pat...

Welcome!

I'm sorry to hear you are faced with this perplexing situation.
I wish I had a good clear answer for you, but I'm scratching my head as well.
I'm glad to know your unit has brought you good relief for these past 9 yrs (I suffer CRPS in both legs also)
The only only thing that comes to mind is the way scar tissue can play dirty tricks on us. I'm wondering if more scar tissue has formed since you had the broken electrode replaced over 2 yrs ago.

Here's a quote from our friend Jackie as she shared what her Dr told her Re: scar tissue:

I told him I thought the 'intensitiy' of the SCS has waned. His explanation of this was that scar tissue encases the leads over time, insulating them, which can lead to a reduced feeling with the stim. This is why we have to be reprogrammed at various times to get 'past' this insulation

If it 'is' scar tissue, it would only take a very small mili-mili-milimeter (wasn't too bright in math ) of movement to cause stimulation to head in another direction. Just a 'theory' I'm pulling from thin air.....
But one would think that since your electrode was replaced that long ago, scar tissue should be done forming and changing. (?)

I hope they will be able to uncover the source of this - soon. It must be maddening to feel the stim up into your head. Please stick around and let us know what happens. It's great to have you here!

Caring,
Rae

PS: Just wondered how long your batteries lasted before you had to change them out. I'm going on year 3 and hoping I still have a few yrs left in the ol' battery.
Rrae is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Ananimity (05-07-2012), eva5667faliure (05-07-2012), Mark56 (05-05-2012), Sophie_ (05-07-2012)