View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 09:57 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Oh, good. Statins are so common and so toxic to so many!

I will say this however, the atenolol, can affect the brain and memory. It is less specific in this action than other beta blockers, but older patients can still have depression and memory effects from it:

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q...YT5DQYUM8yk3HA

So do consider this and discuss with the doctor. Sudden cessation of beta blockers is not recommended and a short taper is best. (this prevents rebound cardiac negative effects).
So if he decides to stop it, please do a taper, for safety. It doesn't have to be a long taper, just slowly for a few days reduce the dose. 50mg to 25mg to 12.5mg and off.

Thanks for the reminder on the Puritan sale. They do this every May and only once a year. That is when I lay in my B12 and some other things like l-lysine, etc. I just received my new catalog in fact!

Quote:
Originally Posted by julias690 View Post
Good Morning and thank you for your quick responses.

Thank you Deb, you have no idea how much encouragement you have just given to me.

Thank you MrsD. My husband does not take a statin drug. He has only taken plendil, benicar, atenolol and a baby aspirin for several years. I started giving him the Jarrow Methyl B-12 5000 mcg one tablet daily on Tuesday 05-01-12 after it came by mail. I went to the Puritan website and ordered their formula Methyl B-12 5000mcg after reading that it had worked so well for you. By the way the buy one get two free sale is on now.

Any further advice is much appreciated.

You all are in my prayers.

Sincerely Julia

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote