View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 10:41 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default No DX yet

Hi, I am new here too. I have been having problems for over 2 1/2 years. My symptoms have seemed to spare my eyes but started with general fatigue which led to shortness of breath, difficulty swallowing and now to tingling to the bottom of my feet, palms of my hands, cramping and muscle twitching in various parts of my body everyday and seems to be progressive. I saw a neuro 2 years ago who did a head CT and said I was fine, dx me with chronic fatigue syndrome and told me to try swimming. I was seeing different Dr's over the last two years every time a new symptom started but none could find anything wrong. Then in October 2011 the muscle twitching and cramping started. When I started feeling a tingling to the bottom of both feet I made another appointment with a neuro at a teaching facility figuring they would be more thorough, which they were. They spent at least 20mins doing a full neuro exam. Scheduled me for an EMG which came back abnormal. They said they were thinking MG. Next was a SFEMG. That came back abnormal also. I am still waiting for results from AChR and MUSK bloodwork. They started me on Mestinon which does not seem to make any difference. I am concerned because I cannot find anything about MG causing muscle twitching or cramping but I have read that ALS does. I wish the Dr's could understand that the longer it takes for a Dx, the harder it is for the pt's to plan for the future.
Thanks for letting me vent, I feel better now.
Royce is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tamiloo (05-04-2012)