View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 02:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by postconcussion View Post
Colorado Mike, Nice to hear of your recovery. Thank you for sharing and offering to answer questions.

Do you have headaches? How severe? When/ Did they go completely away? Did any of your treatments mentioned above help them? Or were you more focused on recovering from cognitive symptoms? My main issue is the debilitating headaches, of which I've had for years.

And for both Esthersdoll and you, how did you both discover your gluten allergy. What test/ symptoms. if you don't mind.

I do remember my doc checking off the hormone section on the lab order form. Im assuming they were normal, he never mentioned anything and I was unable to ask. But what standard hormones get checked along with standard lab draws compared to what you mentioned above? Any ideas? Maybe Mark will know.

What could i ask for from my new PCP?

Thank you.
I was getting skin rashes and wheezing a lot. I was pretty convinced (thanks to my acupuncturist) that it was some kind of gluten sensitivity. My Dr. ordered a blood panel to test me for allergies and it proved I am allergic to wheat and sesame seeds. I wasn't allergic to either one before the accident/brain injury.

I've had severe environmental allergies and asthma my entire life.

I never had a reaction like this before the brain injury from eating anything. I believe that the brain injury altered the chemistry in my brain to make me allergic to wheat and sesame seeds.
EsthersDoll is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote