View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 02:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystal View Post
Hello,
My name is Crystal. I am 28 years old and I was just diagnosed with a colloid cyst they think. I had a CT for sinus problems and my CT revealed a cyst in my sphenoid sinus and a possible colloid cyst in the third ventricle of the foramen of Monro which was faintly hyperdense. I had an MRI which showed nothing at first but after comparison of the CT they went back and located a 3.5 mm hyperdense lesion in the third ventricle on my MRI suggesting a colloid cyst. My doc did not even call me he had his nurse call me with my results just saying it was a benign lesion of the brain. I went and got my report and that is when I found out the size and how they could not find it at first on MRI because sometimes if it is tiny it cannot be visualized via MRI but a CT can see it more. I was like what the heck!! I asked for my doctor to call me cause I have so many questions but he has not. I wonder if I need to see a neurologist? They just want me to follow-up in 6 months with another CT to check for growth and I have to make the appointment myself. If it gets bigger how will I know the difference from a hydrocephalus headache than from just a regular tension or sinus headache. I do have visual disturbanaces a lot, but of course I am a medical transcriptionist and look at the computer screen all day long. I am pretty nervous. After doing some research via the internet on these cysts it scares the hell out of me especially since I have a 3.5 year old son and I am driving him around everywhere. What I want to know is what should I do should I seek out a 2nd opinion and try to get a referral to a neurologist myself or wait out the 6 months with my primary care doc and see what the CT shows. I would appreciate anyone's comments as now I do not feel alone. For these cysts to be so rare there sure are a lot of people out there with them. Look forward to getting responses.

Thanks,
Crystal
Hi everyone!!
Crystal, I had my colloid cyst removed in 2003. was only in the hospital 1 day ,had about 32 staples and a titanium plate on my skull. I had the option of sitting and waiting/watching to see if cyst grew or caused more problems or to have it removed.I had it taken out 2 weeks later because I didn't want to just fall out one day and not know what problems I would have.Since you are already having vision problems,if they are connected with your cyst, that would move me more toward the same decision.I'm a veteran and have daily migraines and had the colloid cyst removed which they discovered while looking for a source of my headaches,which I had been telling people for years were sinus headaches, so it's a very familiar story.
Good Luck!
Larry
dahlka1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote