View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 07:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well it's about 12 Months since I updated this thread.
No further progression with my PN since then, which is good I suppose.
I am still only taking Jarrow's Methyl B-12.
I realize my symptoms are relatively minor compared to a lot of you guys, but I'm certain staying active is helping me a lot.
I have cut down on my bike riding as the vibration wasn't helping my hands.
The carpel tunnel was being stimulated.
With the Winter coming on I have bought a "Total Gym" as recommended by Chuck Norris. This can be set up to do a variety of exercises at various levels & I use it every morning.
Also I am forcing myself to take a decent walk at least once a week.
I'm not talking about just round the block either.
There is a reasonable size hill not far away which I go to the top of.
Initially I had to force myself to do this & my feet felt terrible. Like having socks full of greasy sand. Also I was tending to stumble as my right ankle was loosing its strength. Then when I got hot my hands felt like they were inflated.
I have been experimenting with meditation & find I can now almost ignore the feet discomfort while walking.
Unfortunately I am not having the same success with my hands. If I keep them up by tucking the thumbs through my pack straps it helps a bit.
Both my little fingers are now doing their own thing. They are almost totally numb & getting very weak. They tend to stick out from the others & get in the way.
I am doing strengthening exercises on them to try & help them, but seem to be loosing the battle. It can be interesting putting gloves on.
So I just thought I would share this with you guys & if there is anyone else who is at a same or similar stage of PN, I would like to hear from you.
numbfoot is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (05-05-2012)