View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 08:10 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainiac View Post
Has anyone thought of or know of anyone that has attempted to hold their Doctor responsible for their actions,muyltiple surgeries etc.
We have thought about it. My boyfriends surgeon didn't properly keep him sedated during recovery so he was AWAKE while he was intebated. he remembers everything then they wouldn't give him pain medication until 3 days AFTER his surgery. i'm not sure which event caused this next part but i do think that them not properly keeping him medicated caused this.. i think it was coming off the anesthesia, not giving him a nicotine patch, or a soda. which i warned them about this also.. that he smokes cigarettes & drinks many sodas a day and they didn't even ask him to stop either before or did they take precautions during or after surgery. anyways he ended up getting angry & punching his doctor bc he couldn't talk and was in pain and didn't know how else to express himself. I also warned them about his anger. Noone listens to the girlfriend.. even though we have been together almost 5 years and are having a baby. anyways. we thought about holding the doctor accountable for all the negligence but ended up not because we just werent sure how it would go. Anyone else had NIGHTMARE experiences with doctors? what did yall do?
sara052420 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote