View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 10:37 PM
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Grand Magnate

10 yr Member
Heart AHA.... I brought a computer!

Writing from beautiful GREEN North Carolina, here we are........ waiting. We did walking today, so much so that Grandpa and Granddog napped together until 8:30 tonight. Our baby Grandson has brought a halt to the proceedings...., interesting, that.

Labor began Monday just before 8am and the OB was sure with the onset of dilation things would occur, so an appointment was set for later that afternoon to check progress, since dilation had continued, Mommy, Daddy, and Grandma [my wife] were urged to go to the hospital on base for delivery!!! MANY hours later, such as 2:30 in the morning Tuesday, the tired little family was sent home since all labor was settled into a rhythm which showed nada more happening.

HMMMM. More labor the next day, another trip to the hospital, and good ole Grandpa Mark changes all travel plans for later around the projected delivery date so as to come this week. I show up last night, and this morning, we go shopping for antiques...... antiques. Bought a few pieces. Nice they were. Then on the drive home, DIL grabs my hand an plasters it on her tummy! There he was! Little guy moving his b u t t up against tummy wall, mooning Grandpa [OK Rae, do your best!!! We need some graphic help here.].

Now I tell you this is only the second time in my life I have put my hand on a pregnant tummy, and the first was my wife. So, I thought, "Gee, this is a bit extraordinary!" Then, I am not truly in touch with Generation whatever anyway, right? So, I reckon it is OK if DIL initiates the motion.

Yup, so live and reporting from North Carolina, this is Grandpa Mark in waiting,
Thank you ALL for prayers and best wishes!
Mark56
Mark56 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Ananimity (05-07-2012), anon21816 (05-06-2012), eva5667faliure (05-05-2012), fionab (05-06-2012), Rrae (05-05-2012), Sophie_ (05-07-2012)