View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 10:03 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Tremors and fasciculations

I think I've touched on this subject before, but wanted to raise it again in case any new folks can relate. My recovery seems to be progressing. I'm experiencing less dizziness and headaches, am able to handle going to stores and restaurants for short durations, do light to moderate exercise a few times per week. Sleep is still a bit of a problem for me though.

Another problem area is tremors and fasciculations when my body is at rest or sleeping. I'm fine when I'm moving about, but when I lie down to sleep and feel my body begin to relax, I feel the fasciculations ramp up, primarily in my left calf and sometimes in my neck. Occasionally I'll wake up and find my hands trembling. A few times I've woken up and my head was trembling (bobbing up and down very slightly). This really scares me because I'm thinking these are early signs of Parkinson's or ALS. Extreme, I know, but this is me thinking worst case scenario. I also notice that I tend to feel shaky or trembly more easily if I'm stressed out or nervous during the day.

Since these symptoms seem to flare up usually when I'm asleep or half asleep, my doctor said it's most like my subconsciousness (anxiety) acting out (or something like that). He said that I'm probably able to ignore it and that's why I seem fine during the day. It all just manifests at night.

This might be true, but I can't help but think about other more serious possible causes. Anyone else get resting tremors or fasciculations and has your doctor explained possible causes?
43 yr young female, suffered a mTBI with PCS August 2011 while playing ice hockey. Symptoms included dizziness, nausea, exertion headaches, trouble sleeping, fasciculations, sensitivity to light and noise, occasional numbness to extremities.
Lagr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote