Thread: tmj
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 11:37 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

My right shoulder had been much lower than my left since I was at least 13 and maybe before that- the mouthguard has leveled my shoulders gradually and seems to help with foot drop. I'm down to just wearing it at night mostly because it interferes with voice articulation and lots of cleaning involved because i tend to snack a lot. The TMJ is intimately in partnership with the atlas. Just makes good sense to support my anatomy. Its quite an inspiration when i get up in the morning ,look in the mirror and see my nightgown even on my shoulders-this doesn't usually last for the rest of the day but i'm willing to be patient.

the first neuromuscular dentist i went to wanted $5,000 for a mouthguard-i found a local dentist who built one for $375....and also i see an upper cervical chiro to make adjustments too. Also I get massage -all these things have not been magic bullets ...just the things that together seem to add up in time-after18 years of shaking etc i'm doing pretty well- still improving if only gradually.

“The day science begins to study non-physical phenomena, it will make more progress in one decade than in all the previous centuries of its existence.”
~ Nikola Tesla
moondaughter is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote