Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klm207 View Post
Regarding my particular case - pain symptoms came on in December but I'd been having tingling and numbness in my hands for a while before that. At first I thought it was cervical radiculopathy as an mri showed up some disc bulges, but then the neuro didn't think they were pressing on nerves.

I'm a massage therapist so I guessing having my arms outstretched contributed, my shoulders are rounded and droopy, my head is forward and I have a super straight cervical and thoracic spine. I keep getting told I'm hypermobile, and yet I can't get close to touching my toes with my hands since all this started as all my nerves and muscles feel incredibly tight.

The thing that really throws me is that since Jan I've had the same tos-like pain in my right leg - down through the groin, front of thigh and into calf, and cold/numb toes at times. No one thinks I have a lumber disc problem. EMGs all normal, no cervical ribs. Most muscles in my body hurt to touch, and I'm now worrying I've developed some kind of central hypersensitivity (doc wants me to take amytriptiline but I'm currently tapering off paxil). And all this can be fixed with shoulder shrugs??
I used to be pretty hypermobile, but with age, TOS & the myofascial components..:not so much anymore, the knees & elbows still hyperextend.
I read somewhere that "old age" does tend stabilize those overly lax joints...LOL

The sx in your leg & muscles hurting w/ touch is an added complicating factor and maybe even something else..

Quite a few long timers w/TOS will have migrating sx of some sort into the lumbar & then leg etc.
Sometime due to some sort of compensating postures.
shoulders tilting and so the hips counter balance unconsciously..and after years it will show as sx.
I don't know if that could still apply for you since it has came on fairly recently..
Have you had any sport injuries, falls, whiplash? any injury that might have misaligned you in the past, and now it is showing it's sx? I had a fall off my horse @ age 15 w/minor concussion and I do think it is a added factor in my rsi/tos. (56 now)

I think some did have sensitivity to touch, but that sx never applied for me.
So it's the muscles that are sensitive vs the skin being sensitive?