View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 12:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default still flares after p/t...more than tos? :(

trying not to fear the worst...quick recap:after 4 mos of wrist/arm/shoulder pain, diagnosed with carpal tunnel (on EMG) and thoracic outlet.I've been wearing a wrist brace at night and my carp tunnel is better. NO more bluish/col hand stuff...and can type long enough for work--but the burn is pretty constant in shoulder blade and top of shoulder..ice/heat helps enough.

So far I have had 3 p/t sessions--1x/wk--was trying to get to 2x/wk, but each time, a few hours after, my TOS symptoms are much
worse. I went on Wed this week, and each afternoon since it flares bad. I had to cancel Fri appt. When it hits, I get a burning, like flames, pain under both arms, rt shoulder blade, neck , sides/front of throat, and across my rib cage.

No swelling,color changes, sweating, or numbness--just fiery burning. Lasts a few hours like that. I usually try ice which always sounds awful but will help, and last night I got in a very warm bath, which helped.

Is it getting worse? progression of disease--or is p/t not working? Is it more than TOS? hoping against RSD, but there isn't swelling and I can handle wind, clothes, people touching me, etc...no problem. thanks for your wisdom and time.
khakis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote