View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 01:22 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Doc[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Dr. Smith;876419]But you think you may coincidentally be exhibiting/manifesting MS the day after PT?

While rational thinking would preclude this conclusion I don't think the medical community has any answers as to what and how PN or MS is triggered.

Numbness and tingling certainly suggests some type of nerve damage/involvement there does not seem to be a lot of definitive answers - thus the catch all "ideopathic"

I can rule out diabetes and vitamin deficiencies - both have been tested recently and several times.

While I have had extensive and multiple back conditions, they have never caused the numbness & tingling I am experiencing now. Only when I got the herniated disc at the L2/L3 area 8 years ago did I get numbness and occasional tingling in the left thigh that persists to this day - which the neurosurgeon said in January that he couldn't help - the nerves are too damaged over the 8 years. Nor could he help my other back conditions.

Back to the PT - I go in for PT on the neck and back and the next day the numbness and tingling go from 0-10. Again, while no one in the medical community will ever be able to explain why - that leaves me to ponder the reasons, including MS. It's like Indiana Jones's biggest fear always being snakes. That's how I've always felt about MS - it was always my biggest medical fear. And I've faced cancer, lost my husband to cancer (we had it at the same time) and intractable back pain, among other things.

When I get the MRI of the cervical area I am hoping that it can shed some light on this.

Thank you for your reply, insights, links and information. I really appreciate it.

I always watched Lost in Space. One of my favorite shows.
grandma123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote