View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 04:24 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandma123 View Post
It started March 8th - the day after my PT began for neck and back pain. This was after going to a chiropractor for 2 weeks for the neck pain - no success but he did cause sciatica. So the PT was working on that and the pain in the neck. From the day after the first PT I developed the numbness & tingling in hands and feet - so they suspended the neck exercises but continuted manipulations. Then I developed shoulder pain. At this point I decided to go back to my PCP who told me to try a physiatrist. He gave me a steroid shot in the neck and shoulder. Three weeks later, they were a little better but the numbness & tingling is worse and I developed occipital neuralgia. He gave me a steroid shot in the head for that which seemed to help and another one for the shoulder.

He ordered an MRI of cervical area (insurance needs to approve first).

I am 61 years old, not diabetic but I do have a lot of back problems: scoliosis, spinal stenosis, buldging and herniated dics and degenerative joint disease (arthritic changes). I had carpal tunnel surgery on both hands 8 years ago and it was very successful.

So what started out as neck pain, progressed to neck pain, sciatica, shoulder pain, numbness & tingling and occipital neuralgia.

I don't think it's a coincidence that the numbness & tingling started the day after PT started. Didn't have it before.

However, my biggest fear has always been getting MS. I know most people's is getting cancer - but I've already had cancer (breast) and I fear MS more.

Has anyone has a similar problem with numbness & tingling?

Any help would be appreciated.
i have the same thing tightness,numb tingling im left handed have it in my trigger finger,frm Diabetis.im new will gt back to you.its terrible unless u really have this
lynnann is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote