View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 04:29 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
I would think the paresthesia would have manifested much sooner, from immediately to minutes to a couple hours - not 24 hours
When I woke up one day in June 2003, I had this very intense and unusual pain in my buttocks, unlike anything I had before. It was difficult to walk or sit. I went to a chiropractor who did some adjustments and it got worse. It was a few days later that I noticed some numbness and tingling in my left thigh than got worse and included pain. Then the whole thing just got too painful and I went to the ER and was admitted and they did an MRI and found the herniated disc. I remained in the hospital for a week, had epidural steroid injections and was on vicodin and neurontin, but what mostly helped was time. The nerve damage is permanent as is the numbness and tingling in thigh (but I have lived with this for 8 years - it is tolerable).

So, in this case - there was elapsed time from the herniation to the numbness/tingling.

The MRI is the next step, although before it is scheduled I am going to ask why it isn't being done to my lower back to address the foot issue.

Thanks, again, for your thoughtful response and links.
grandma123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dr. Smith (05-05-2012)