Thread: Been a while
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 05:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Been a while

I have been lurking a lot for a while but haven't taken the time to post. Anyway, I just need to vent somewhere. I feel like RSD has taken over my life. I have to admit hat I feel lucky in hat I was diagnosed early on and with the blOcks and lyrica the burning and sensitivity are fairly controlled. The pain on the other hand, not so much. I have adjusted my life to fit this but I am finding it hard to feel I have much purpose anymore. This Past winter I have started with joint psi and now. Am going MORE testing for arthritis. . I have been begging (well my idea of beggIng) for something long acting for the pain. I was never taken seriously. I finally had a breakdown with my PM this week. I started crying and said I feel this monster is winning. I lists how it has taken specific things from my life. He said "You put on anreally good smile" and then said i should not do that for him He fiannly offered something long acting. He gave me Nucynta 100 mg ER. He gave me one dose Per day and i am finding it helps for about 6 hrs instead of 24. Sigh. What should I do? I can't get in to see him until late May anyway so I am thinking I should just deql with it until then? I am keeping a detailed pain journal for now so I can share it with him. Why do I have to lose it for them to listen to me? I try soooooo hard to stay in control and have a smile On my face, almost like I can function better with the smile. I try to be what my family wants me to be. Even when it makes me hurt. Like right now, I am in Hawaii dealing with dampness and rain off and on just to make dh happy. We are spending a week here ( which is great in some ways because I get a break from the kids and time with dh) With the in-laws who have not looked up RSD and who think dr's don't really know it all and everything can b fixed with a supplement. They still think I have plantar fasciitis and won't listen that BOTH feet are bad. . Wish me luck! Ok rant over. Things will get better right ? Things just keep happening. My dearest friend is moving, I got my first ticket, I had a toothache and needed a root canal, I needed my wisdom tooth pulled ( root erosion out of the blue), my joints becoming very painful in the morning, I have to have a me removed, ( there is more just cannot list it all). Sorry this ended up like a book. Lol. Thanks for listening.
6kiddos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote