Thread: New Here
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 05:46 PM
Bardown25

Bardown25

Default New Here

Hello everyone,

I have been sporadically following these boards for the past year. Before I get into my reason for posting I would like to thank all of the contributors for sharing their experiences and offering their insight. This forum serves as a wealth of information to those in need, and it is made possible by the selfless actions of its contributors.

I suffered a series of head injuries in a small time frame about a year ago (water tubing and wrestling match). I have dealt with many of the classic symptoms associated with Post Concussion Syndrome during my recovery. While some of the symptoms have alleviated I am still hampered by vestibular issues that can be triggered by overstimulation.

I am planning on applying to medical school next spring, and I would be very interested in talking with anyone that has dealt with concussion-like symptoms in an academic environment. Also, if anyone with a different background cares to contact me that would also be welcomed.

I plan on gearing the majority of my conversations to private messages, however I believe my access is restricted until I hit a certain post count.

Lastly, I have served (and plan to continue in the near future) in a research role within a concussion clinic so if anyone would like to reach out to me directly with questions, please feel free.

Thank you all again for the work that you put into this forum.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Theta Z (11-19-2012)