View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 07:01 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Question for MrsD

Do you take a B complex supplement in addition to the Puritan's Pride B12? I have asked doctors to test me to see if other B vitamins are low (can they do this?) and none have done it! I see my multivitamin covers the B vitamins. Is it even safe to take a B complex in addition to a multivitamin that contains B vitamins? I know that B vitamins are water-soluble, but I do know that a couple of them should not be taken in excess (niacin and b6 I believe are the two that can build up if taken too much over time).

I don't know if my sublingual B12 is working. I've increased it to 3000 mcg sublingually a day. I ordered the Puritan's Pride since they're having that sale you mentioned. I guess I could get my B12 level checked in a month or two and just stay on this brand and take it sublingually to see if it is working (like how you tested with Puritan's) and then if it's not working I could try your method of 5mg/day NOT sublingually with Puritan's and just swallow them to see if the level increases. I'm done with shots I hate the up and down feeling, plus I hate giving them to myself I don't feel too comfortable doing that - plus I've read the studies that shows oral over time is better anyway.

Thanks,
Jason
julleri is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote