View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 09:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'd seen docs for many years, including neurologists, none of whom thought my dizziness and other symptoms added up to anything. So I'd gone in for a dx many times and came out without a dx other than anemia. Then double vision occurred, blind spot, drooping lid, pain with light sensitivity. MRI showed lesions. One doc declared I had MS, another disagreed, and this went on like that for a while. I got onto the Swank MS diet, as I am pretty sensitive to drugs.

Your symptoms sound like more than depression, which I was dx'd with as well in those days. WAY more. Your calves eating themselves alone is more than depression. It could be those dang drugs, or one of them, however.

I am a believer in supplements for neurological difficulties, and my main warriors against pains like that in the calf, and other twitches and spasm, is magnesium, calcium, D3 and lots more...and I don't take many drugs. I do take propanalol and a small dose of Klonopin. Klonopin and magnesium are my main warriors against calves eating themselves, as you so marvellously put it.

Because you have a history of taking drugs for depression it MIGHT be well to try a holistic doctor. I know they vary as widely as the allopathics. So wishing you well in finding the right doctor. The Bastyr Naturopathic clinic in Seattle might recommend someone.
I have another neuro disease, Porphyria, and that bears looking into as well, and there are a number of other neuro diseases. Neuros, in my experience, are very difficult. I had one marvelous one at Scripps who got me off Baclofen and Zanaflex and onto Magnesium, but he's retired. You need a good recommendation. Maybe you could call Scripps Clinic in San Diego and ask for a recommendation in your area....that may not be the ticket, but you need to start somewhere. Also consider consulting a Hematologist, for Porphyria testing and testing for other Hematological diseases which overlap into neuro symptoms (which most do).
Mariel is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote