View Single Post
Old 05-05-2012, 10:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Misophonia and so many other problems

I couldn't find a good place to post about Misophonia (on NeuroTalk or PsychCentral), so here I go anyway.

Gradually I have become increasingly hateful of loud noises. I use to take even the most frustrating of noises with such ease. Now, I just can't take them anymore. I have even started to focus on people chomping on down on their food, and it just grosses me out to hear such an awkward noise like that.

Every time I hear the slam of a door, a microwave door, refrigerator door, pantry door, dishwasher door, washer/dryer door, the pull of a chair along the kitchen floor, the clanking and banging of dishes/plates/pots/pans/glasses/utensils, the screech of a pan against a metal stove top, the thumping of footsteps going up and down the stairs... I literally want to go ballistic.

Every Saturday, my dad likes to go in and out of the garage at least 150 times a day (yes, that's right.. on one occasion I have counted at least one-hundred-and-fifty times in a 24 hr. period), and I just happen to live right next to this same door every single time that heavy door shuts and opens.

I have talked to my parents about it, but they tell me that I live under their roof and they can do what they want. I'm not questioning their authority, I am trying to look at the bigger picture while they continue to falter.

Earplugs are out of the question and I don't have a good enough doctor to help me. Along with the rest of my problems; OCD, anxiety, social issues, loneliness, depression... I can't help but feel like a completely trouble-packed basketcase, and no one is around to help me or want to be my friend.