View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 09:24 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Smith View Post
Let us know what the MRI turns up. Not just the technical jargon; we can try to interpret that, but it tends to lead to a lot more speculation, which can lead to unwarranted fear, and I don't know how helpful that is. IMO, it's more helpful when accompained by the interpretation and results of your follow-up, but that's your call.

Before seeing another chiropractor, please google: chiropractic stroke

Take care,

Doc
Quote:
The MRI may shed some light on the hands, but if it's just cervical, not the feet.
Having read the script the doctor wrote for the MRI, he does not believe that the numbness and tingling in my hands and feet are related to my back issues nor resulting from them. He wants the cervical MRI to rule out (or in) demyelination (MS), HNP, etc.. He told me the test would be to "rule out the bad stuff". But it might also rule them in.

Quote:
Before seeing another chiropractor, please google: chiropractic stroke
I am so done with chiropractors. I have gone to them off and on for 20 years and they have never helped and in some cases hurt. I think their ability to help is really limited to some very specific issues.

I always get copies of every medical test I have, including operative reports, etc.. Most people should do this. They would be surprised at what the doctor isn't telling them.

I am sure that sometime this week I will get a call scheduling an MRI (if my insurance company approves it) and then a follow up appt. will be scheduled to discuss it. He is going to run some nerve tests, too.

Whatever the test results show and if he is not optimistic about treating the symptoms, then I am going to move on to a neurologist at a teaching hospital in the city. I will ask my oncologist for a reference. He is very good at that.

Thanks again for all the helpful feedback.
grandma123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote